Serves: 6(1 Vote)
250g self-raising flour
150g butter melted and cooled
2 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 pinch salt
150g golden caster sugar
150g natural yoghurt
3 1/2 orange slices
1 large orange juice and zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C.
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- In a small bowl mix the orange juice with 1 tsp caster sugar and set aside.
- Place the butter, orange zest, sugar, yoghurt, vanilla, flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Beat for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Lay the orange slices on top in a pretty pattern.
- Bake for 1 hour until the cake is soft and springy.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool slightly. Then spoon the orange juice mixture over the cake while it's still in the tin.
Kids can help