Serves: 1(5 Votes)
100g self-raising flour
100g golden caster sugar
100g butter or margarine softened
2 eggs beaten
1 handful blackberries and/or raspberries (if you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 5/190C
- Beat butter and sugar together until light.
- Add alternately flour and egg stirring well.
- Add whole berries.
- Stir very gently, into mix.
- Put into cake tin.
- Sprinkle on a good handful of sugar on top.
- Bake for around 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
This mix can be used for buns (pop a whole blackberry/raspberry into the mixture of top of the bun.
Kids can help