Serves: 12(5 Votes)
125g self-raising flour
150g icing sugar
3 tsp instant coffee
4 tbsp hot water
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sieve and stir in the flour.
- Melt 2 tsp instant coffee 2 tbsp hot water and stir it in.
- Spoon into greased cupcake tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at Gas Mark 6 / 200C
- For the icing: mix 2 tbsp hot water with remaining tsp of instant coffee, and then add it gradually to the icing sugar until you've achieved an easily spreadable consistency.
- Spread the buns with icing and quickly top them with chocolate sprinkles before the icing hardens.
The icing hardens quickly, so it's best to ice and sprinkle each bun in turn.
Kids can help