100g smoked salmon
1 leeks washed and thinly sliced
500g tagliatelle (or fettuccine fresh or dried)
150ml single cream
1 handful parmesan grated
1 knob butter melted
- Gently sweat the leek in the melted butter, the leek should be translucent not coloured.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta and cook as instructed.
- While the water is boiling, separate the salmon pieces into strips about the same width of the pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain off the water leaving a little in the bottom of the pot.
- Add leeks, cheese, pepper, salmon and finally enough cream to bind. Heat through and enjoy!
When the pasta is drained, have everything ready to hand.