2 handfuls chicken whatever you've got leftover, chopped
4 handfuls pasta
1 jar pesto or equivalent homemade
- Start cooking pasta according to packet instructions.
- Chop stalk from broccoli and chop it into florets.
- 4-5 minutes before end of cooking time for pasta, add broccoli florets to same pan.
- Meanwhile, heat pesto and chicken very gently in large non stick pan.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and broccoli roughly (I find a bit of residual water helps the sauce).
- Add pasta and broccoli and pasta to pesto and chicken mix.
- Stir through whilst on heat and serve.
You can also make in advance as a bake - don't bother heating the pesto or chicken beforehand, put in large ovenproof dish, top with grated cheese and fresh breadcrumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes until top golden brown and pasta heated through