150g dark chocolate
1/2 loaf of white bread
500ml single cream
2 tbsp smooth orange sweet jam
- Remove crusts, put a good squeeze of jam on each slice and then cut into quarters (I like triangles but get creative).
- Place chocolate, cream, sugar and butter into a bowl over hot water. Wait until chocolate has melted and then whisk lightly.
- Whisk eggs, add cream mix and whisk all together.
Pour about quarter of the cream mix into a greased (about) 7 x 9 inch/18 x 23 cm ovenproof dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with about one third of the jammy bread. Repeat, finishing with the cream mix.
- Press down with a fork to soak the bread.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours (but even better if left over night in the fridge). Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Other flavours of jam can be used for some equally nice puddings. Can be made up to 48 hours in advance and kept in the fridge before baking.
Kids can help