500g pork mince
1 eggs beaten
2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp matzo meal or breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180C and break up the mince into a large bowl.
- Pour in a beaten egg, the oregano, matzo meal or breadcrumbs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the feta into the bowl, as small as possible.
- Mix all together - it should be nice and sticky so the burgers stay formed but if the mixture is too dry, add a few drops of oil (not too much though).
- Take a handful of mixture according to how many burgers you want to make and shape into a ball, then squash to make a burger.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet and pop into the oven for 30 minutes, or until the burgers are cooked and hot throughout.
- Serve in buttered buns with chips or salad.
I oven cook for convenience, but these can be grilled or griddled quite effectively. I wouldn't advise frying because the cheese does leak out and it can be quite messy.
Kids can help