1 pinch paprika
1 eggs beaten
100g plain flour
2 tbsp Marmite
200g mild cheddar cheese grated
200g butter cold, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a food processor, blend the flour, butter, half the cheddar, paprika, salt and pepper into a fine crumbly mixture.
- Add the egg and blend again until the mixture forms a soft dough (you may need to add a little water).
- Allow to chill for 1/2 hour.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush the top with Marmite.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pastry and cut the pastry into straws.
- Bake on a greased baking tray for approximately 2 minutes or until they are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before eating.
Heat the Marmite slightly in the microwave before hand to make it easier to spread!
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets