1lb raspberries washed and picked over
1 1/2lb jam sugar
- Preheat the oven to about 180C.
- Put raspberries in a heatproof bowl, put sugar in a different bowl.
- Put the 2 bowls in the oven, next to each other, for about 30/35 mins, till the contents are hot and the raspberries begin to run. Watch so that the sugar doesn't burn.
- Put contents of both bowls into a food mixer. Whizz up for a few minutes, till sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into clean sterilised jars, have 2-3 ready (makes just over 1lb of jam).
I did this today - picked the raspberries this morning, made the jam while cleaning out the fridge, and could have toasted muffins and raspberry jam for lunch. So fast, so good, better make some more!
Jam and chutney