Serves: 1(2 Votes)
1 knob butter
- Beat the eggs together with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan over a high heat until it is very hot.
- Add the oil and the butter and as soon as the butter is melted and has coated all of the pan add the eggs.
- Quickly stir the eggs with a wooden spoon as if making scrambled eggs until they are nearly cooked through.
- Allow the eggs to set for a minute, then fold one half over the other and serve. It should be very loosely set.
If you want to make a filled omelette add the previously cooked filling just before you fold the omlette.
You can add: Sautéed mushrooms; grated cheese; finely chopped herbs.
You are only limited by your imagination (and of course the fussiness of your family)