4 slices bread toasted (to serve)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (to serve)
1/2 lemon juiced
1 lemon cut into wedges (to serve)
2 smoked mackerel fillets (I like the peppered variety)
150ml sour cream
150ml cottage cheese
- Skin the fish and roughly flake into a food processor.
- Add cream, cottage cheese and lemon or fish.
- If fish not peppered, add black pepper.
- Whizz in processor until smooth consistency.
- Put pate into individual ramekins or small dishes, and cover with cling film.
- If serving as communal dip, put in one bowl but allow longer chilling time.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, prepare your choice of:
crudites (carrot, pepper, cucumber sticks, celery, spring onions); toast (regular, toasted pitta or melba toasts); lemon wedges
- Sprinkle a small pinch of cayenne pepper over each portion to serve.