1 stock cube
1 cayenne pepper peeled and chopped into chunks
1 handful cheese grated
0.5 celery stick sliced
5 leek sliced
500g minced beef
- Fry your beef first, in olive oil in a large frying pan, and season with salt, pepper and when browned, crumble in the stock cube.
- In a large saucepan, fry the leeks and celery in butter with a splash of olive oil - adding the oil helps to prevent the butter from burning.
- When softened, add the mince and then cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes, with the pan lid on.
- After 30 minutes, take the lid off and reduce the amount of liquid, it needs to be reasonably dry but do this to your own taste.
- While the meat is cooking, boil your celeriac in a large pan of salted water until tender, this will take 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and mash, either by hand or with a stick blender.
- Thinly slice the shallots and fry them gently until nicely browned, in butter with a splash of oil, then mix into the mash.
- Put the meat into an oven-proof dish and spread the mash on top of it. Top with the grated cheese and bake for around 20 minutes in a hot oven until the cheese is browned.
32g for the whole thing; 5.4g carbs per portion if serving 6 people.