400g icing sugar sifted
1-2 drops food colouring two colours, optional
1 egg whites
1-2 drops peppermint extract
1 tsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white. Add the lemon juice and gradually add the icing sugar, mixing, until you have a smooth, firm dough.
- Add the peppermint extract to the dough and mix together.
- Divide in two and add a few drops of food colouring to each one, if using. Knead until the colour is even. Wrap in cling film if you're not using the dough immediately.
- Dust a work surface with a little icing sugar. Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the mixture out and use cutters to cut out shapes or letters.
- Leave to dry on a large, lined baking tray. Then eat or wrap up.
If you want to make in advance, keep the mixture covered in cling film.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help