3/4 tsp vanilla extract
400ml double cream
1/4 tsp salt
275g desiccated coconut
175g granulated sugar
1 ready made pastry
60g plain flour
825ml single cream
- In a saucepan, combine the single cream, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a gentle boil over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Once boiling, take the pan off the heat and stir in 3/4 of the dessicated coconut. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours until firm.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the double cream and whisk until soft peak stage. Add the remaining coconut and mix well.
- Add to the chilled pie.