1 handful pine nuts optional
2 cloves garlic crushed or very finely chopped
200ml creme fraiche or use cream cheese
300g frozen spinach chopped
100g pasta per person
- Put the pasta in salted boiling water and cook to taste.
- Crush garlic and lightly fry in a teaspoon of oil or butter.
- If using pine nuts, add a generous handful of pine nuts to garlic and gently brown, then transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the spinach from frozen over a medium heat on the hob until melted and gently sizzling and cooked through.
- Mix in garlic and pine nuts, gently season to taste, and mix in crème fraiche and serve over the pasta.
Great cupboard supper, can swap crème fraiche for low fat cream cheese.
Kids can help