1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
115g mango chutney
1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
1 leg of lamb
1 bulb garlic sliced
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Make a number of incisions in the leg of lamb with a knife and insert slivers of garlic and sprigs of rosemary.
- Rub olive oil over the whole leg.
- Meanwhile toast the cumin. Grind using pestle and mortar. Add cayenne pepper. (if using)
- Rub spices over the lamb (if using) or just the salt and pepper at this stage)
- Spread mango chutney over lamb. Cook for 15 minutes and then reduce temp to 170C for 20 mins per 450g.
- Serve with roast or dauphinoise potatoes and broad beans.