5 pinches salt
1 pork rind
- Unwrap the pork skin and place it on a plate in the fridge. Leave it overnight to dry.
- The following day, preheat the oven to 140C/Gas Mark 1-2.
- Put the pork skin on a baking sheet and salt it generously, rubbing the salt into the skin.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for a good 1.5 hours until thoroughly crisp and the deepest amber gold in colour.
- Turn over and cook the other side. It won't colour as much, but it will thoroughly dry it out and crisp up.
- The total drying time for the skin will probably be at least a couple of hours depending on the skin and your oven.
- Remove from the oven and cut or snap into short strips.
Pork rind or skin is available from supermarkets or butchers and it's very cheap.