1 large onion sliced
200ml water (or tomato juice, if desired)
1 clove garlic sliced
5 medium potatoes washed,cubed and unpeeled
1 tbsp cornflour
1.4kg boneless pork loin roast fat trimmed
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Make slits in roast in insert slices of garlic.
- Place roast under grill to slighly brown.
- Put potatoes in slow cooker. Add 1/2 the onion slices.
- Place roast on top of vegetables and cover with remaining onions.
- Combine water or juice with soy sauce and pour over roast.
- Place lid on slowcooker and cook on low about 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove roast and vegetables from cooker.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water. Add to the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Turn cooker to high until liquid is thickened. Slice meat and serve thickened liquid over the meat and vegetables.
This recipe has a few more protein grams than carbs so it is excellent for diabetics who want to enjoy some good old “meat and potatoes.