Serves: 4(2 Votes)
1 tin tomato
1 tsp black olive tapenade
Some harissa paste (optional)
- Chop the onions and fry off in a large pan or wok to soften in olive oil.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, breaking them down with a wooden spoon and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of black olive tapenade and if liked, a spot of harissa for a “bite”.
- Stir and simmer a further 5 minutes while cooking the pasta.
- Sieve the pasta and put in with the tomato sauce.
- Chop the mozzarella cheese - or use the small balls of mozzarella and add the mozzarella to the pan.
- Stir all together and turn off the heat. Serve when the mozzarella is slightly melted and stringy. Serve topped with fresh anchovies if liked.
Soak the pan before the melted mozzarella hardens on it!