Serves: 1(1 Vote)
1 tbsp self-raising flour
1 pinch bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp milk (to mix)
1 handful cheese grated
1 small egg
1 pinch herbs
1 handful vegetables thawed or cooked and cooled (eg sweetcorn or peas)
- Combine egg, flour and bicarb in a small bowl.
- Beating well with a whisk, add enough milk to make a stiffish batter like for drop scones, not as runny as for crepes.
- Add vegetables, cheese and herbs if using and stir well to mix.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan and pour in the batter mix, ensuring vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Cook on both sides on a low-medium heat until golden and cooked through.
- Cut into wedges and cool slightly before serving.
Great way to get them to eat an egg if this is a problem!