200g cheddar (you could use a low-fat cheese)
1 tin chopped tomato
3 courgette grated
1 carrot grated
1 shallot chopped
1 parsnip grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Wash the all the vegetables.
- Peel the onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.
- Boil the vegetables for 8 minutes until soft, then drain.
- Pour the tinned tomatoes into a saucepan and add the onions.
- Cook for 10 minutes, while stirring, then add the vegetables
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Fill another saucepan with boiling water, add the rice, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice.
- Pour the rice, vegetables and tomato mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and half the grated cheese in a bowl to make a sauce.
- Add the sauce to the other ingredients in the oven dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad