125ml olive oil (not extra virgin)
125g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
.5 lemon zested
250g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a baking sheet, or line with baking parchment/silicon paper
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar and lemon zest.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the oil.
- Mix gently to form a dough (I use the blade of a table knife until it starts to come together, and then my hands). Handle the dough as lightly as possible.
- Gently form the dough into walnut-sized balls, and flatten slightly in the palm of your hand.
- Place on the baking sheet, well spaced, and sprinkle each ball with cinnamon.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
You can use any lightly flavoured oil - I use rapeseed.
Try replacing some of the oil with a flavoured one e.g. walnut.
I add 1/4 teaspoon of Boyjian lemon oil to the olive oil before mixing.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets