1 jar honey
1 packet powdered onion soup
1 large chicken cut into 8 pieces
2 tins Coca Cola
- Place chicken in oven dish.
- Drizzle one dessert spoon of honey over each piece of chicken (the original recipe called for golden syrup but I think this is too sweet!).
- Sprinkle the powdered onion soup over the chicken pieces (the honey helps it to stick).
- Slowly pour the two cans of coca cola over the chicken (it fizzes).
- Cook for approx 1hr and 15 mins at about 170C or less depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
it is impossible to go wrong with this dish, the coca cola disappears during cooking and the roasted chicken has a lovely sticky sweet taste. kids and adults both love it. i usually serve it with rice.
Kids can help