115g self-raising flour
55g caster sugar
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the flour and, using your hands, knead firmly to bind the mixture (you might need to dampen your hands a bit to help it stick).
- Roll the mixture into small balls, should make between 12 and 15 balls.
- Place on an ungreased baking tray. Ensure there is plenty of space between each one as they spread.
- Bake at 160C/Gas Mark 3 for 15 minutes.
You can vary these - I've added dessicated coconut or vanilla essence. Use a little less flour if you use 1oz coconut.
Kids have great fun decorating these - mini eggs, melted choc, sprinkles… yum, yum.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help