Serves: 4(3 Votes)
6 slices smoked bacon
4 large flat mushroom
200g strong cheddar cheese
400g creme fraiche
- Chop bacon and mushrooms into bite size pieces.
- Heat large frying pan to moderate heat and put water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Fry bacon without oil until cooked.
- Add mushrooms to frying pan.
- When mushrooms have started to shrink, cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Add creme fraiche to bacon and mushrooms and stir in.
- Just before spaghetti is cooked, grate cheese into bacon, mushrooms and creme fraiche and stir in.
- To serve carbonara put spaghetti in a bowl/plate and pour bacon/mushroom mixture on top.
If spaghetti sticks together, pour some olive oil over it and stir.