Serves: 2(1 Vote)
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 fish stock cube
2 fillets of white fish
1 splash fish sauce optional
1 knob butter
150g basmati rice
1 pinch tumeric
- Rinse rice in cold water and drain.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan. Fry onions until they soften. Add rice and fry for a couple of minutes until glazed and slightly translucent.
- Make up fish stock and add enough to cover rice.
- Add turmeric, makes the rice yummy yellow.
- Simmer gently, stirring regularly, and adding extra stock as it evaporates.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil two eggs for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool in cold water.
- Microwave fish fillets in covered microwave dish until firm and cooked through. Roughly chop or flake into pieces.
- Shell the hard-boiled eggs and roughly chop.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in fish, eggs and butter.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.
Fish sauce can be added towards the end of the rice cooking time for extra flavour. Frozen peas can be added halfway through rice cooking time, if desired.
Substitute single cream for butter for an extra rich version, or Creme Fraiche for a lighter one!