50g double cream or crème fraiche
1l warm water
675g celery stick
- Prepare the celery by cleaning and trimming it. Keep the leaves for later.
- Chop into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and place in a bowl of water.
- Chop the onion .
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook the onions and celery until soft.
- Add the water, salt and pepper and finally the potatoes.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Blend in a liquidiser.
- Return to pan and gradually add the cream.
Serve with the celery leaves sprinkled on top (parsley could also be used if preferred) and with your favourite crusty bread or croutons.
You can use a grater, vegetable chopper etc or food processor to cut the vegetables into small pieces first if you want.
If you are going to freeze it, do not put the cream in it. You can put the cream in when you come to use it.