1 tsp vanilla extract
350g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
- Grease an 18cm square cake tin.
- Put the milk, butter and sugar into a pan and heat slowly, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil, and boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time.
- When the mixture reaches the soft ball-stage remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a spoon for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Pour into the tin and leave to set at room temperature (do not put in fridge).
- Once set cut into square pieces. Enjoy!
Store in a sealed container.
Biscuit and sweets