1/2 tsp vanilla extract
450g caster sugar
1 knob butter
397g sweetened condensed milk
- Grease a square baking tin (with tall sides) with butter.
- Heat sugar and milk slowly in a heavy based saucepan until all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for about 15-20 minutes until it becomes pitted like a moon base.
- Then boil for another 5 minutes until it comes off the sides of the pan easily.
- Pour into the greased tin.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, mark into squares of desired size and cut when completely cool.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets