Serves: 4(4 Votes)
50g brown sugar
2 bramley apple peeled, cored and chopped into small chunks
100g plain flour (or 50g plain and 50g wholemeal if you prefer)
40g butter cold, unsalted; chopped into cubes
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 then peel and chop your apples.
- Put into an oven-proof dish with the blackberries, 10g of the sugar and a splash of water.
- Mix to coat the fruit, and bake in oven for 15 mins to soften the fruit.
- Meanwhile, put the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until it has the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining sugar and stir through.
- Take dish out of oven, cover fruit with the crumble mixture and bake for 30 mins until golden and crunchy on top.
Serve with cream or ice cream.
When and how to freeze: You can either freeze it after you've put the crumble topping on (before you've put it in the oven), or after baking. Either way, cover with a tight layer of clingfilm before freezing
How long will it last?: Up to six months
How do I cook it?: Cook straight from the freezer, adding 30-45 minutes to the cooking time
Kids can help