Super-quick homemade soup
This easy homemade soup from Rachel Allen is packed full of fresh green vegetable goodness - AND you’ve probably got everything you need to make it in your kitchen already. Made from scratch and on the table in 10 minutes, it makes a vibrant, healthy meal for 4-6 people. Oh, and any leftovers can go in the freezer for another time. Say no more.
- 25g butter
- 75g spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 300g frozen peas
- 750ml boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 75ml double or regular cream
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow to foam. Add the chopped spring onion and season with salt and pepper to your taste, then cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes
2. Chop and add the cucumber, cover the pan and cook on a low heat for a few minutes until softened.
3. Next, add the peas and boiling stock, bring back to the boil and boil, uncovered, for just 2 minutes until the peas are cooked (fresh peas will need a couple more minutes to cook).
4. As soon as the vegetables are cooked, blend together with some chopped mint and cream. Whiz until the soup is velvety and smooth.
5. Crusty bread at the ready! Enjoy.
If you liked this, you'll love...
Last updated: about 2 months ago