Magic one pot spaghetti by Anna Jones
Transform every day veg into a truly delicious Italian dish with this recipe from Anna Jones. SO much more than just a quick fix (it's ready to eat in just fifteen minutes) this one-pot pasta dinner is full of healthy, fresh ingredients and flavour brought out by a little olive oil, sea salt and tangy lemon zest. Generously feeds four AND there's hardly any washing up to do afterwards - now that’s what we like to hear.
- 400g spaghetti
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- zest of 2 large, unwaxed lemons
- large pinch of sea salt
- 400g of kale or spinach
- Parmesan cheese
1. Lie the spaghetti down in a large pan (you'll need to pick one with a lid, for later). Roughly chop your tomatoes and add into the pan, topped with the lemon zest, olive oil and salt.
2. Add 1 litre of boiling water, and put the lid on to bring the lot to the boil. Once it's boiling, remove the lid and simmer on high for six minutes, stirring every minute or so.
3. Remove any stalks from the kale or spinach and add bit by bit to the pasta dish (so it's not overflowing!). Cook for a further two minutes until the greens have wilted down.
4. Once nearly all the water has evaporated, remove from the heat and dish up into four generous portions. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
If you liked this, you'll love...
Last updated: over 1 year ago