"Our cat wakes us up by stomping all over the bed and sitting on the
bedside table trying to stroke my face (very frightening when I'm not
expecting it in the darkness!!)"
2. Hardworking (more useful than a teenager, frankly)
"Our dog is great at housekeeping. He often fetches clothes left on the
kids' floor and puts them in the laundry."
3. Resourceful (I've got this)
"Our doggy Kim likes to pull a blanket over herself at night when in her bed."
4. Impatient (if you're not on it, WHY NOT?)
"My cat meows to me when someone is at the door as to say "Can you get it?'"
5. Irascible (you got a problem with that?)
"We have pet allergies in our home but thought we would be safe with
goldfish. However they were aggressive and one gave the other a black eye and
then after a few days tried to eat the other one. It was like watching a
slower version of Coronation Street with a punch-up at The Rover's
6. Lazy (you want me to do what?)
"Our dog was a diva. If you threw a stick for her she'd give you a look that
said, 'You must be joking!'"
7. Verbose (and culturally appropriative)
"Our cat has a definite Welsh accent. (We don't live anywhere near Wales)."
8. Sociable (don't mind me...)
"Our dog Bruce likes to sit with my husband whilst he's working on the
9. Stubborn (Nope. Not going to happen)
"We have a tortoise called Keith. She refuses to get in her water
bowl until warm enough (tested by putting in one foot, shaking it off and
giving us a look before skulking away)."
10. Emotional (can't you see I'm in BITS?)
"We used to have piranhas - I know they're not the most facially expressive
of animals, but I swear, you could tell when they were having a bad day!"
11. Sympathetic (here to help)
"My gorgeous cat Stanley is my best friend and constant companion when I'm
poorly or upset. I have been suffering with morning sickness for the past 9
weeks and his paw is often on my hand or on my belly."
12. Fun-loving (blatant opportunity to use this picture)
"My cat loves playing football with my son."
13. Convivial (who's for a cuppa?)
"Our dog loves cornflakes and a cup of tea in the morning!"
14. Welcoming (SO glad you're home)
"I used to have a cat who would sit in the window and wait for me to
get home. He would raise a paw and rub the window when he saw me, it looked
like he was waving hello."
15. Cunning (makes a terrifying nemesis)
"My cat is definitely like a human evil genius from a film. I swear she is
plotting against me. She waits for me in the morning and tries to trip me up
when I go downstairs."