10 things you wish you could say to your kids
Mumsnetters reveal their inner parenting monologue, so you don't have to
1. "My darling daughter - you are kind, intelligent and joyful company. But it is not necessary to sing the entire libretto from Les Mis on the loo. Other people would like to crap, you know."
2. "Don't spend five fucking hours on a piece of homework that should take two hours and cry because you're so stressed about it. It doesn't matter if you don't do your absolute best every bloody time."
3. "I am not letting you play Xbox as a treat because you finished your homework. I am letting you play Xbox because I have had a bad day at work and really can't be arsed to entertain you."
4. "SHUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!"
5. "Wipe your own arse."
6. "Just eat some
fucking vegetables for goodness sake."
7. "The repetitive, wordless singing that you think is beautiful is
actually highly annoying when we are
trapped in the car
together. I'm not surprised your sister is poking you and I don't want to
tell her off."
8. "I'm lying when I say I might let you go to drama when you're a bit older. I am not paying £££ a term for you to learn to caterwaul show tunes and pretend to be a tree."
9. "When are you going to get off the boob so I can go out for a nice feed and some booze?"
10. "How come you can remember every move of every rugby match you've ever
played in, a Minecraft world the size of the Milky Way
and every moment of Stampy Whatever's video, but you can forget to pick up
your school bag on the way out of the door? You've needed to take a bag to
school for seven years - every day - and yet you still forget? HOW?!"
"'Man the fuck up - you just stubbed your toe. You did not have your leg amputated with a blunt rusty saw.' (That's to my husband by the way, not the sproglets.)"
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 5 months ago