16 things you'd never have known without Mumsnet
Download the Mumsnet Talk app, sponsored by Fairy Non-Bio, and you will have the wisdom of Mumsnet in your pocket. Here are but a few pearls - from everyday hacks, to Damascene revelations
1) That there is a useful arrow on the fuel gauge in most cars, to let you know which side of the car your fuel cap is.
2) That there is a reason that babygros have an envelope neck: "When I told a mate, she looked at me like it was the second coming."
3) That 'No' is a complete sentence.
4) That there are little tabs on the ends of clingfilm boxes - fold them in to hold the roll in place.
5) That vinegar cures a stinky washing machine.
6) "That, when people ask 'AIBU?’, they nearly always think they're not."
7) That you can make lump-free cheese sauce in the microwave.
8) That unless explicitly requested, bringing a super soaker to a party is A Bad Idea.
9) That a dead battery bounces when dropped on its base.
10) That putting a swimming noodle under a fitted sheet stops your child falling out when they move to their new big bed.
11) That everyone needs a Zombie Plan.
12) That you can make cake in a sandwich toaster.
13) That sex lube and a fish slice can aid you in a kitchen crisis.
14) That "nobody should live their life in fear of angering their partner, or skirting round issues that might upset him. Or put up with cheating and lying for fear of rocking the boat."
15) "I have learnt that there are some incredible parents out there, coping in extremely difficult circumstances."
16) "I've learnt how to have faith in myself - and that it's OK to have boundaries, and stick to them."
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 5 months ago