Flamingo - a Family Friendly company
Six family friendly things you didn't know about Flamingo
1. We are named on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For and are three times Special Award winner in Training and Development.
2. Leadership by example and a genuine company belief in working efficiently and smartly is important, in ways that integrate personal and work lives. Our two co-CEOs have six children and two dogs between them!
3. Flamingo is constantly building in-depth knowledge of motherhood and parenting around the world to help inform and advise brands, eg "Mum: The new archetype", in which Flamingo co-CEO Kirsty Fuller spoke with industry portal Cream Global about the changing nature of marketing to mothers.
4. Flamingo has always been sensitive to the needs of team members starting families. We offer bespoke and flexible arrangements for mums and dads at all levels, allowing everyone to return in a way and time that works best for them and their families.
We accommodate numerous work patterns including a nine day fortnight for a Senior Director and four day working weeks for staff to spend time pursuing personal interests - so there is emphasis on flexibility for all. We've encouraged leaving at 3pm on Summer Fridays over the last three to four years which has proved really popular and motivational.
5. We offer a full health and wellbeing programme, from weekly Wednesday breakfasts to free reflexology and yoga, online health assessments and health vaccinations and nearly a third of staff have joined the cycle to work scheme.
6. The Flamingo away days are the highlight of the year and an opportunity for all to relax, recuperate and rejuvenate during the working week.
Another event is the Flamingo summer picnic where children of team members are involved and warmly welcomed.
1. At Flamingo we appreciate families have evolved and families mean a lot of things to different people. Life is bigger than what happens outside of work.
We want to be known for showing flexibility and joining the Family Friendly Programme will help inspire us to create our own standards and the best practice for all employees.
2. The partnership with the Family Friendly programme should help us to understand more about people's needs and demands and how we can feasibly interpret them in a business environment.
3. To continue to make Flamingo a great place to work for everyone at all life and career stages, evidenced by continued high employee retention levels.
4. To maintain the momentum of a recently launched pilot mentoring programme, which allows people to feel supported throughout their career with someone likeminded and as a 'career friend' to bounce ideas with, including guidance and support around personal and professional motivations.
What some of our team say about Flamingo
"Flamingo offered a gradual build up to my full part-time hours, which I found helpful when returning to work after my first child. When returning to work after the birth of my second child in April 2013, I was offered a position in the UK team, which meant I was not expected to travel outside the UK, which would have been challenging for me. Flamingo had clearly worked hard to accommodate my changing needs." Laura McCombie
- Back to the Family Friendly hall of fame
- Find flexible roles with family friendly employers on Mumsnet Jobs
- Family Friendly index
Last updated: over 2 years ago