If you or your guests aren't drinking, but you still want to have an impressive tipple on offer, try these creative cocktail suggestions from Mumsnetters - just as refreshing as their boozier counterparts.
Cranberry and ginger ale cocktail
- 1 litre cranberry juice
- 500ml ginger ale
- 500ml lemonade
- Limes, lemons, oranges
- Ice (to serve)
Slice lemons, limes and oranges into segments and place in a 2 litre jug. Add the lemonade, cranberry and ginger ale. Stir gently, then leave to chill. Add ice when ready to serve.
Lychee and lime cocktail
- 1 tin lychees, including syrup
- Juice of a lime
- Mint leaves
Simply tip into a blender and whizz, then serve chilled.
Gingered apple juice
- Carton of apple juice
- Fresh ginger
Put the apple juice, honey and ginger into a pan over a low heat for half an hour or more and leave to infuse. Serve hot.
Non-alcoholic cranberry cider
- 1 orange
- 900ml cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-inch piece of ginger
- Sugar (to taste)
Use a vegetable peeler to peel two 3-inch strips off the orange, then juice the orange. Combine the juice, peel, cranberry, cinnamon and ginger in a saucepan and simmer over a medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Add sugar (around 225g to 450g) if you like.
- 25ml lime juice
- 25ml cane sugar or syrup
- 100ml fizzy (or still) water
- 2 drops Angostura Bitters (note - this is alcoholic, but as it's only used in infinitesimal amounts, it's not classed as an alcoholic beverage)
Mix all the ingredients together and serve in a small tumbler.
If you're still stuck for inspiration, try a variation on one of the following:
- Sparkling elderflower, apple or grape juice
- Orange and cranberry juice
- Pomegranate juice with ginger ale
- Virgin Sea Breeze cocktail
More non-alcoholic drink suggestions
- I quite like elderflower cordial with fizzy water, ice and a slice of lemon. It's sort of white wine spritzer-y, especially if you have it in a wine glass! Kilkers
- Sainsbury's non-alchoholic wine is drinkable. My dad made some non-alcoholic sangria from it, which was absolutely delicious! BB01
- While it's not zero alcohol, a very good low-alcohol replacement for those missing gin and tonics is tonic water, with about five drops of Angostura Bitters, served with ice and lemon. comeonbishbosh
- An interesting combination is ginger beer and pink grapefruit juice. Ivanapoo
- I would definitely recommend Becks Blue - I prefer it now to the real stuff. IssyStark
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: over 1 year ago