Attention all biscuit lovers: this peanut butter and chocolate chip recipe is a game-changer. Why? Because in under three minutes, you'll have baked yourself a batch of cookies with perfectly crunchy outsides, and oh-so-deliciously gooey centres - without so much as pre-heating the oven. A quick-fix for sweet cravings and 100% acceptable to send in for the school bake sale (we've even hacked a way of making sure they're all the same size). Microwaves at the ready!
- 100g butter
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 100g peanut butter - smooth or crunchy to your taste
- 1 egg
- 175g plain flour
- pinch baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix together the butter (softened), brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg
- Add flour, salt and bicarb in stages. Mix - then add chocolate chips.
- Roll into small balls and place on to a microwaveable plate - we did it in batches of four, allowing space for them to expand - and microwave on high for 2.5 minutes. Expect them to cover the whole plate in cookie goodness...
- Grab a tumbler, turn it upside down and use it to cut out evenly-shaped cookies from the cookie dough. Remove the excess (we challenge you not to devour it...) and place the shaped cookies on a wire rack to cool, where they'll firm up.
- Tuck in!
If you liked this, you'll love...
Last updated: almost 3 years ago