Microwave banana bread
Everybody loves banana bread. However, most of us don't have the time to whip up a fresh loaf, and that's where our old friend the microwave comes in. That's right, you really can make banana bread in the microwave – here's how.
Flavour-packed banana bread
Looking for the perfect after-school (or after-work) snack? Banana bread is a treat to please even the fussier of eaters. And it even has a fruit in it, which definitely makes it a bit healthy – right? Behold how to make it in a mere 10 minutes.
How to make microwave banana bread
- Plain flour
- Bicarbonate soda
- Baking powder
- Caster sugar
- Brown sugar
- 1x egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- 1x banana
- Cinnamon (if you fancy it)
1. Grease your microwaveable mug with butter (or a non-stick spray)
2. Inside the mug, blend together the plain flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder
3. Add in the egg and mix together
4. Stir in the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and milk (or milk alternative)
5. Stir in half a banana, mashed
6. If you'd like to, add cinnamon on top
7. Place mug on a microwavable plate and microwave for one-and-a-half to three minutes. (Depending on strength of microwave.)
If you're gluten free…
In your microwaveable mug, blend together:
- 1x mashed banana
- 1x egg
- 2x tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (again, optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
Place on top of a plate and put into a microwave for two to three minutes.
Boom. Easy. Now what to pair it with…?