Hot cross blondies
Looking for a twist on classic hot cross buns?
In this sponsored collaboration with Lidl, Michelin starred chef Kevin Love mixes things up with a recipe that's part carrot cake, part blondie (spoiler alert: it's amazing). Enter Mumsnet blogger Emma, of BrummyMummyOf2, and star bakers Erin and Ethan who were more than happy to get stuck in with the fun of Easter baking.
- 100g chopped white chocolate
- 25g butter
- 1 egg
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50g flour
- 170g cooked and mashed carrot
- 25g chopped dark/milk chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp smooth orange marmalade
- 2tbsp hot water
- 120g icing sugar
- 10ml warm water, plus extra if needed
4. Sift in the flour and fold together then add the cooked carrot and chopped dark/milk chocolate and mix until fully combined.
5. Pour into cake pop moulds and bake in the oven for 10-12 mins.
If you liked this, you'll love...
Last updated: almost 2 years ago