Bored of baking sponges which turn out dry, flat, or soggy-bottomed? Our giant cookie is a failsafe alternative - crisp, golden and oh-so-gooey in the middle every time. Ready in just 12 minutes, it's a total showstopper for birthdays and bake sales alike. You're welcome.
- 110g of butter
- 175g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- pinch salt
- 85g caster sugar
- 90g soft brown sugar
- tea spoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 175g chocolate chips
- Icing and small sweets or chocolate to decorate (or ice cream to devour it whilst it's still warm)
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix together butter (softened), caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the egg, then add the salt, bicarb and then flour in stages.
- When combined into a dough, stir through the chocolate chips.
- Flatten the mixture into a large, round baking tin that has been greased with butter. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 12-15 minutes. It should be golden brown on top and cooked through (though still a little springy!).
- Leave to cool slightly so it can harden before you attempt to take it out of the tin.
- When it's entirely cooled, add any toppings you like. We used chocolate icing <cough> straight from a can <cough> and Smarties.
If you liked this, you'll love...
Last updated: 21 days ago