Easy Gruffalo recipes your family will love
Do you have a toddler that just can't get enough of the Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler? Surprise them with these easy and fun fox sandwiches taken from Gruffalo Crumble and other Recipes.
Fox Sandwiches – makes one
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 slice of bread
- Cream cheese
- 1 slice of orange cheese
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 2 black olives, halved
- 2 chives
- A circle cutter (8cm diameter)
- A sharp knife
- A butter knife
- Press your circle cutter into the bread and take out the round piece. You don’t need the rest.
- Spread the round piece of bread with cream cheese using a butter knife.
- Press your circle cutter into the slice of orange cheese.
- Now cut the round piece of cheese into the shape of fox’s face. Cut away a leaf shaped section from either side with your cutter.
- You will now have three pieces of cheese: one bit and two small. Carefully place the big piece of cheese on top the cream cheese.
- Cut one of the small pieces of cheese in half. You don’t need the other piece.
- Place the cheese halves at the top of the foxes face to makes his ears.
- Use a sharp knife to cut two slices of cucumber.
- Use a pair of safety scissors to cut the chives into six pieces.
- Now decorate your fox. Two pieces of cucumber and two halved olives for the eyes, chives for the whiskers and one halved olive for a shiny black nose.
Tips, tricks and twists
- Look carefully at the picture of the finished sandwich before you start. You can copy it as you follow the instructions.
- You can also eat the spare pieces of bread and cheese as a snack.