How to make Easter grass cupcakes
Grass tastes a lot better than it looks (in the case of these cupcakes, anyway) and is perfect for hiding Easter eggs. Just make sure the buttercream you use is suitably stiff, or your grass may end up a little wilted!
You will need
- Your choice of cupcakes
- Buttercream and green food colouring
- Grass piping nozzle
- Chocolate eggs
How to make
- Colour your buttercream green and ensure that the consistency is fairly stiff – if it's too soft, just mix in some icing sugar.
- Ice your cupcake with the buttercream using a palette knife to level off the top.
- Fill a piping bag with the remaining green buttercream and attach the grass piping nozzle. Hold the bag directly over the cupcake at a 90 degree angle and squeeze. Pull the nozzle away sharply to leave the strands of grass.
- Cover the entire surface of the cupcake and add the chocolate eggs to finish.
Last updated: about 3 years ago