How to make Easter egg-box animals
Before you throw away your old egg boxes, remember they could easily be turned into bunnies or chicks! These are small enough to be hidden around the house if you're planning an Easter hunt, and cute enough to hang onto when Easter's over.
You will need
- Egg boxes
- Masking tape
- Strong glue
- Paint – white, grey, yellow and pink
- Orange felt
- Ribbon bows
- Pipe cleaners
- Pom poms
How to make
- Cut out each 'cup' from a cardboard egg box, and use masking tape inside the cups to secure one on top of the other, in the same position as if the egg box were closed.
For the bunnies:
- Cut ears and feet out of the remaining bits of the egg box and glue to the body.
- Paint the body, feet and ears the same colour, and when dry, paint a pink inner section onto each ear.
- Glue a pom pom tail onto the back.
- Draw on eyes, mouth and nose and paint the nose pink.
- Attach a little bow to the ear as a finishing touch.
For the chicks:
- Cut wing shapes from the remaining bits of the egg box and paint the wings and body yellow or white.
- Glue the wings to the body.
- Make feet by folding the end of a pipe cleaner into three claw shapes and twisting each claw to secure.
- Make two holes in the bottom of the body to poke each leg through.
- Cut a diamond from orange felt to make a beak and glue to the front of the body.
- Make a hole in the top of the head and poke a feather through.
- Finally, draw on the eyes.
Last updated: over 1 year ago