How to make Easter bunting
This colourful bunting is the perfect project for an afternoon of crafts - get the DC involved, or at least picking which sweets they want in it. The fillable plastic eggs used make perfect hiding places for Easter treats, so this is a great one to make if you're planning an egg hunt.
You will need
- Fillable plastic eggs
- Black permanent pen
- Strong glue
- Foam sheets in white, pink, yellow and grey
- Pastel-coloured pom poms
- Yellow pipe cleaners
- Felt sheets, two of each colour in yellow, white and purple
- White wool/yarn
How to make
To make the bunnies:
- Cut out the outer and inner ear pieces, the nose and the feet from foam sheets, using pink for the inner ear and foam in the same colour as the plastic eggs for the outer ears and feet.
- Glue the inner ear (pink) onto the outer ear and leave to dry. Once dry, glue onto the top of the egg.
- Next, glue the pink nose onto the front of the egg and the feet onto the bottom. When the glue has dried, use a black pen to draw on the eyes and nose detail.
- Finally, glue a pom pom to the back of the egg for the tail.
- To make the chicks, begin by cutting out the feet, wings and beak pieces out of yellow foam.
- To make the legs, cut a pipe cleaner in half and thread it through the holes at the bottom of the egg. Twist the pipe cleaner and press flat on the inside of the egg.
- Push the foam feet onto the end of the pipe cleaners and fold over the tip of the cleaner to secure the feet in place.
- Glue the wings onto the side of the eggs.
- Glue the nose piece in the middle of the egg.
- Using a black permanent pen draw on the eyes.
- To make the bunting flags, draw a symmetrical diamond on paper for a template. Pin to the felt sheets and cut out 11 pieces. Our diamonds were 16cm high by 8cm wide.
- To assemble the bunting, fold the triangles over and glue together, leaving a gap along the top of each triangle so it can be threaded onto the wool or yarn.
- Thread the wool or yarn onto a large needle and pull it through the flags, pompoms and creatures. Spread them out evenly and hang it up.
To make the chicks:
Last updated: almost 2 years ago