How to make cardboard tube bunnies
Turn a discarded cardboard tube into a cute Easter pal. Empty toilet rolls or gift-wrap tubes are perfect for this, and will encourage your DCs to get creative with simple household items. Each bunny only takes 30 minutes to make, so this is a great project to fit into a busy Easter weekend.
You will need
- Cardboard tube
- Acrylic paint in white
- White and pink felt
- Yellow, pink and white foam sheets
- Pink and white pom poms
- Black felt pen
- Strong glue
- Green pipe cleaners
How to make
- Paint the tubes with two coats of white or grey paint.
- Cut out two long ear shapes from the white felt, and slightly smaller shapes from the pink felt to make the inner ears. Stick the pink shape onto the white and leave to dry.
- Glue the ears to the outside of the tube at the top rim, with the pink side facing inwards.
- Draw around the bottom of the tube on a sheet of white foam and add feet shapes. Cut these out and glue onto the base of tube.
- Cut a wide strip with rounded ends out of the white felt, making sure it's long enough to fit around your tube. Dot some glue in the middle of the strip and stick to the back of the tube.
- Glue a pink pom pom onto the centre of the tube for a nose and draw eyes on using a black pen.
- Glue a white pom pom onto the back of the tube for the tail.
- Cut out flower shapes from the pink and yellow foam, place one on top of the other and make a hole in the middle.
- Push a green pipe cleaner through the hole and glue a small pom pom to the end to secure
- Insert the flower (see below for how to make) into the arms and trim off any excess stem.
Last updated: 2 minutes ago