How to make bat treat bags
Make sure your little one has a spooky bag fit for all their treats this Halloween. The template below provides you with all of the measurements you'll need to make your very own bat treat bag or, if you would like, you could use it as a starting point to make your own Halloween treat bag creation.
Suitable for: Beginners
Time to allow: 45 minutes
You will need:
- Thick black card (A1 sheet)
- White and pink card
- Strong double sided tape or you could use a strong adhesive
- 9mm Googly eyes
- Jute twine
How to make
To start: Cut the template for the treat bag out of black card using the diagram below. To make the bag big enough to fit all your goodies in, you will have to print the template off on two A4 sheets and attach them together before you make the bag. Download the top of template here and the bottom of the template here.
- Score along the dotted lines and fold.
- Using strong double sided tape on the edges construct the box, using the image as a guide.
- Cut bat wings and ears from the black card making sure to include a one centimetre tab on each so that they can be secured to the bag.
- Cut two triangles for the teeth out of white card and two smaller ears out of pink card to form the inside of the bat's ear and secure with a little double sided tape.
- Attach googly eyes to the front flap of the bag.
- Approximately two centimetres down both sides of the bag make a small hole using the sharp lead of a pencil (make sure to keep fingers out of the way here), thread the twine through the holes and knot at both ends to secure in place to make a handle.
- How to make eyeball cake pops
- Halloween crafts homepage
- Crafts homepage
- Talk: share your craft project
Last updated: almost 2 years ago