How to decorate a papier maché egg
Hobbycraft's huge selection of papier maché shapes are perfect for decorating as you please. The cracked egg and cup shown here makes a great hiding place for a few chocolate eggs -and they're also fun to paint with the kids.
You will need
- Large papier maché cracked egg and cup
- Acrylic paint in pastel pink, duck egg blue and gold
- Paint brushes
- Pastel-coloured paper
- Small circle punch
- PVA glue
- Mod Podge glue
How to make
- Begin by painting the egg. Paint the inside first - we've used gold here - before painting the outside duck-egg blue.
- Next, paint the egg cup a pastel pink. Apply three coats for an even coverage, leaving to dry in between coats.
- Use the circle punch to cut out polka dots from the paper.
- Glue the circles onto the egg cup using PVA glue, and leave to dry.
- Apply two coats of Mod Podge glue to create a glossy finish.
Last updated: over 3 years ago