How to knit your own bunting
This pretty bunting is perfect for decorating inside or outside for parties, and a great way to use up leftover yarns from the stash – we think it looks best in a mix of different colours and textures. Only simple stitches are used, so it's a great pattern for beginner knitters, or even as a group project.
You Will Need:
- Aran or heavy worsted weight yarn in several colours
- A pair of 5mm needles
- Tapestry needle
- Lengths of ribbon as desired
How to make:
Using 5 mm needles cast on 30 sts.
- Row 1 (WS): Knit
- Row 2 (RS): (K2tog, yo) rep to last 2 sts, k2tog
- Row 3 Knit
- Row 4 K1, ssk, K to last 3 sts, k2tog, K1
- Row 5 Knit
- Row 6 Knit
- Rep rows 3-6 until there are 5 sts left
- Next row (WS) Knit
- Next row K1, sl2tog, K1, psso, K1
- Next row Knit
- Next row Sl2tog, K1, psso
- Draw yarn through remaining stitch and weave in ends. Thread ribbon through eyelets.
Last updated: over 3 years ago