How to make pebble spiders
These adorable pebble spiders are really easy to make and perfect for keeping little ones busy for a few hours. Plus, the materials are cheap so won't bust the bank balance.
If you've not got any suitable pebbles in your garden you could always use a polystyrene ball or cut a cardboard tube to the desired length.
Suitable for: Beginners
Time to allow: 45 minutes plus drying time
You will need:
- Pebble from the garden
- Black craft acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Contact adhesive
- Black pipe cleaners
- Paint brush
How to make
- Paint your pebble on one side in black paint, once dry apply another coat.
- After this side has dried turn the pebble over and repeat step one on the other side.
- Once the paint has completely dried apply the googly eyes using contact adhesive, leave for around three to four minutes before applying the eyes, this will allow the eyes to stick immediately.
- To make the spider's legs bend two pipe cleaners in half and twist to secure, do the same with the remaining two pipe cleaners.
- Put a blob of glue on the back of the pebble and stick the twisted ends of the pipe cleaners (one either side). Hold the pipe cleaners in place for a minute or so to allow the glue to ‘set', leave to completely dry for an additional 20 minutes before use.
Top Tip: You may need to give the pebble more than two coats of paint on each side dependent on the natural colour of your pebble.
- How to make eyeball cake pops
- Halloween crafts homepage
- Crafts homepage
- Talk: share your craft project
Last updated: almost 2 years ago